Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

E400 4MATIC Coupe or CLA45?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB CLA250
Question E400 4MATIC Coupe or CLA45?

So I'm currently in the market for a Mercedes. Im fairly young so I'm looking for something to hold on to for at least the next 3-5 years or so, With that being said I want to buy a car that I am truly going to love owning/driving every single time I get in. I've been looking around for a while now narrowing my options and its come down to two models; a 2015 e400 4MATIC Coupe or a 2014-2015 CLA45 (4MATIC is standard I believe). Im genuinely torn between these two as it seems the e400 is going to offer the elegance and luxury that MB is known for, while the CLA is going to offer that AMG prestige and sportiness. My question exactly is for anyone who has owned either of these cars (and if there is anyone who has owned both that would be amazing I would like to speak with you 1on1). But the main question is: Does the elegance of an e-class outweigh the power and feel of the CLA? & Vice Versa. The e class coupe is just a timeless design for me that I could see myself driving until the wheels fall off, I could never get tired of looking at it (especially with the Tech package headlights that just makes the car imo). But the CLA's a much more sportier looking vehicle that looks like it would knife up corners with such ease I cannot write it off (Also its an entry level vehicle with an entry level price as I do not have enough for an e63/c63 etc.). Im just wondering if its going to have to come down to me picking elegance over sportiness? I also know that about small things like the CLA's alleged colossal B pillar that seems pretty dangerous to have that big of a blind spot while driving at high speeds. Also the CLA's infamous "Iphone" display screen glued to the top of the dashboard is something that always keeps the e-class in question as I honestly don't know if that would ever grown on me as it looks so out of place. While the e-class's display is just integrated a lot better. Also another question is has anyone with an e class of this gen (w213) done any of the performance mods/tunes and can give any insight as to how much of a difference it makes? I saw eurocharged apparently has a tune that can take it from the stock 329hp to an almost unreal 480hp. I find this hard to believe with just a tune itself (maybe more believeable with bolt-ons but still, a figure like that blows a lot of other cars out of the water instantly). With THAT being said, if those numbers are true, its the e-class no brainer(& I know it has twin turbos, but still. Damn). I don't know I just want some outside input, trying to stay within the 25-30k range (35 being the absolute ceiling). Which car gives more bang for the buck? also which car would last longer in the long run as Ive read a lot of people complain about the CLA's turbo giving, and if I was to get one it would be in the 30-50k mile range. How much life would be left on the car at the point? Is it even worth it? Thanks, any input would be appreciated.