Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

E63 W212 or C63 W204???! Or ALFA!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 08:59 AM

Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts
Alfa 159
E63 W212 or C63 W204???! Or ALFA!?

I'm in the process of replacing my old car with a slightly newer one. I've narrowed it down to three cars....one you wont care about...the ALFA Giulia Quadrifoglio (C size but lighter with 501 horse and 191 mph top end for those that don't know it) and I think I know everything I need to about that. But for financial reasons its more likely to be a C63 or E63....although they are in my budget in the UK I'm not interested in the turbo M157 version....I've driven both and the M156 is so much more "alive"! Now I know about the M156 issues and I'm not too worried about that and know which engine numbers are affected......but which one do I buy?...E or C......to my mind the C is a bit small in the back seats....but the E is probably a bit bigger than I need....so I thing id be happy with either!!! If size was not an issue and the prices not far apart which one would you buy and why??? Just trying to get some opinions....especially from those that have owned both. The reason I'm considering one....aside from always wanting a proper AMG....is that I don't do many company miles in my own cars anymore.....and with fuel knocking on the door of $10.00 a gallon in the UK at the moment I could not afford to do loads of miles in it!!!....so it will be a weekend family transport and toy for me to gently mod and personalise.....as I do all my cars. But I like car that handles with plenty of power. So which is the better drivers car, more reliable and just better to own. Thanks in advance for any advice. PS....not interested in the AWD versions or W212 facelift either....not that 4matics are very common here anyway.
This wont be my first Merc....my wife has an A Class A170, I quite recently had a CLK200K AMG line and once owned a chocolate brown 1982 E Class!!

or.....

....or.....

Last edited by ALFAitalia; 12-04-2021 at 09:09 AM.