Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Need advise! (Car wrecked)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG
Need advise! (Car wrecked)

So I have a 2006 CLS55 which I love to death and need some advise on what to do... Long story short my mechanic wrecked my car and I don't have collision insurance (yes I know dumb mistake). Basically I am at the point now where I don't know if I should buy the parts separately or buy a salvaged CLS55 online? Do any of you know where I can find aftermarket parts besides eBay for the cls? Also, if I go the route of buying a salvaged car what site should I use without having a dealers license? I have attached pictures of the car before and after the crash below. I basically need a front bumper, driver side fender, headlight and some brackets that are under the headlight.

Old 12-29-2021, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 875 Likes on 452 Posts
Bentley Continental GT; AMG GT
Curious - was your mechanic working on the car at the time and doesn't his business have insurance?

How did you get holding the bag, so to speak?

On Exotic cars and some Mercedes, I have used Pacific Motors in MI. They have a pretty good supply of cars they part. It's a crap shoot, but they might be able to help you. Ebay is also a choice I've used for parts of various kinds and models.

On whole salvage cars for purchase (auction) Copart is a goto, and I don't believe you need to be a dealer, just a buyer with money.
https://www.copart.com/
Your car looked nice (first pic) and I can guess how it feels with a car you like. Another possibility, is - sell your car, as is, Copart might be interested in it. Then start fresh. One way or another, looks like you'll sink some money in it. Why not cut your losses as the accident part will continue to harm you unless you're trying to repair this entirely under the radar (carfax).

Best of luck with it whichever way you choose to go.

Old 12-30-2021, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG
So he was doing it on the side. My lawyer tried to go after his apparent employer but they said they only used him for side jobs. My lawyer is now in the stages of talking to my insurance agency to see if they will help me out since I was not driving the car. I most likely will not take the guy to court because I will never see that money from him.... The car is paid off so that is the only reason I want to just fix it under the radar and keep driving it until the wheels fall off. I appreciate your information!!
Old 12-30-2021, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 875 Likes on 452 Posts
Bentley Continental GT; AMG GT
Originally Posted by Nick Carter
So he was doing it on the side. My lawyer tried to go after his apparent employer but they said they only used him for side jobs. My lawyer is now in the stages of talking to my insurance agency to see if they will help me out since I was not driving the car. I most likely will not take the guy to court because I will never see that money from him.... The car is paid off so that is the only reason I want to just fix it under the radar and keep driving it until the wheels fall off. I appreciate your information!!
Well, good luck with it. Some of the craziest things happen to us (all of us) as life goes on.

If you have the time maybe considering using this thread you started and turn it into a project thread on the repairs. Lots here would be not only interested but we could put heads together and maybe help solve some challenges that might come up.

All the Best,
The following users liked this post:
Nick Carter (01-03-2022)