Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Lifetime oil changes, limited to the same dealership?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 05:19 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2018 GLC 300 4MATIC
Lifetime oil changes, limited to the same dealership?

I posted this in another category (Warranty discussion board), but maybe this is the better place?

We purchased the lifetime oil change service for our vehicle when we bought it. We moved (in town still) and there is another Mercedes dealership (different owner) just down the street. Is the lifetime oil service limited to just the original dealer?

Tried calling the new dealership service dept to ask, but they never picked up and it kept automatically forwarding me to the service scheduler, who said she probably wouldn't know anything beyond scheduling.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:28 AM

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Assuming you purchased this maintenance contract as a genuine Mercedes-Benz add-on product, I expect it will be valid at any authorized dealer. When I purchased my car as a CPO, the warranty coverage was not limited to the selling dealer. I subsequently chose to purchase another year of CPO coverage through an out of state dealership that offered a better rate, and even that was still valid at any dealer. It goes into the main MB service network and is therefore visible to anyone with access to that network.
Old 02-02-2022, 08:44 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
none
Lifetime deals are typically not MB Corporate deals. They are usually offered by a single dealership to get you to always do your service there. In that sense, they are not valid at any other dealership.

examples. My Mazda 3 dealer offers free tires for life (as long as all your service is done at that dealership)
my niece's Honda dealer offers 100,000 mile warrantee extension, as long as you have all your service done at that dealership
My previous Acura dealer offered free oil change for life, as long as you had all your service done at that dealership.

Typically you can get away with having non-regular maintenance work done elsewhere. Like having someone else replace battery or tires. But you have to get the regularly scheduled maintenance done at the selling dealership.

Mercedes offers free roadside assistance for 30 years, as long as you have regular maintenance at least once a year at a Mercedes dealer. (AAA is much cheaper and probably more effective)/
The following 2 users liked this post by gmt58:
Highline-Autos.com (02-07-2022), waylo (02-02-2022)