Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Bad service experience at dealership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2022, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gle 350
Bad service experience at dealership

I made a Saturday appointment for a warranty repair. However, the dealership only moved my car to the lot at the back of the service center on Saturday after drop-off and didn't work on the car until Monday (I checked the GPS tracker and trip activity on the MB Me app). Even though they gave me a courtesy car for the weekend. I am still extremely disappointed that they didnt work on my car until Monday. The reason why i made a Saturday appointment was so that I could pick up the car back on Saturday when repair was done. Then I had no choice but to pick up the car on Monday since they didn't do any work on Saturday.

Is it common for MB dealers not to work on the car on the date of the appointment? Seems like the dealer screwed up and overbooked appointments for the date that I wanted. They have no respect for customers' time/schedule. I discuss this inconvenience with the service advisor and he told me that the appointment for is only for putting the car into the service queue for that day and the car may make not necessarily start the repair on that day

How can i make a complain to MB head office?
Old 05-03-2022, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 876 Likes on 452 Posts
Bentley Continental GT; AMG GT
If it is any comfort to you -

The last two times my AMG GT needed service, both times the Scottsdale dealer's booking was two weeks out from the day called to set it...both times.

The first time after taking two weeks to get the appointment, the car sat for 4 days in queue before they could get to it...while I was driving a rental car.

The second time, another two week wait just to get the car in their queue, the car sat two days before it was actually worked on.

These are very different times. One of the issues is parts availability. Sometimes they can get a car in and torn down only to find the part they need will take a week to get.

Last edited by Acta_Non_Verba; 05-03-2022 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,919 Likes on 3,085 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by 22gle350
I made a Saturday appointment for a warranty repair. However, the dealership only moved my car to the lot at the back of the service center on Saturday after drop-off and didn't work on the car until Monday (I checked the GPS tracker and trip activity on the MB Me app). Even though they gave me a courtesy car for the weekend. I am still extremely disappointed that they didnt work on my car until Monday. The reason why i made a Saturday appointment was so that I could pick up the car back on Saturday when repair was done. Then I had no choice but to pick up the car on Monday since they didn't do any work on Saturday.

Is it common for MB dealers not to work on the car on the date of the appointment? Seems like the dealer screwed up and overbooked appointments for the date that I wanted. They have no respect for customers' time/schedule. I discuss this inconvenience with the service advisor and he told me that the appointment for is only for putting the car into the service queue for that day and the car may make not necessarily start the repair on that day

You received standard service. Very little service work is done on Saturdays, and almost none on Sundays. If you picked your car up on Monday, you received next day service. Does this fall short of your expectations?
Old 05-04-2022, 02:37 PM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
Originally Posted by 22gle350

Car dealerships are not like Physician's clinics where they check the "patients" immediately. Your appointment is to drop off your car, not to have it checked in the minute you arrive. You get in line behind the customers that came before you and you leave you car until it is repaired and ready. You should have NOT brought it there on a Saturday. The only time your car can be checked and serviced on the same day is for an A or B service. Any major or minor repair takes a few days. Warranty repairs are even longer. You are lucky you get a loaner car. Some dealers don't even provide loaner cars especially on a weekend.

What are you going to complain about in the "MB Head Office"?
That the dealer did not put your car in front of the service line and that your repair was not done in the same afternoon?

Seriously!

Last edited by Paxfobiscum; 05-06-2022 at 10:04 AM.