Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

European Delivery Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C240
European Delivery Questions

I read the information on the MB site about ED but some things aren't clear to me. Perhaps someone familiar with the program can help with these questions:

1) Is there a minimum time required in Germany? Can you just drive across town and drop off the same day?

2) When is payment required?

3) How do you handle a trade-in? Do you have to surrender your old car in advance and go without it for a while?

4) Do you or do you not pay the destination fee? The site is especially unclear about this.

5) Can you negotiate down from the 7% discount?

6) Do dealers try to tack on additional fees like dealer prep?

7) When and how do you schedule the factory tour?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-05-2004, 07:55 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 C230 Coupe
Originally Posted by postoak
I read the information on the MB site about ED but some things aren't clear to me. Perhaps someone familiar with the program can help with these questions:

1) Is there a minimum time required in Germany? Can you just drive across town and drop off the same day?

2) When is payment required?

3) How do you handle a trade-in? Do you have to surrender your old car in advance and go without it for a while?

4) Do you or do you not pay the destination fee? The site is especially unclear about this.

5) Can you negotiate down from the 7% discount?

6) Do dealers try to tack on additional fees like dealer prep?

7) When and how do you schedule the factory tour?

Thanks in advance!
1) I don't think there is a minimum time.

2) 30 Days before delivery

3) Whatever you work out with the dealer.

4) No destination fee

5) My understanding is that it it possible, but not likely unless you live in an area with a competitive market (i.e. So. Cal).

6) Not in my experience

7) At pick up. When you do your initial paperwork at the delivery center they ask if you want the tour. It is very much worth it.

You also get info by calling MB's Euro Delivery department. I think it is an option off of the regular 800 number.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:07 PM

2005 C240
rnisle - thanks! So I pay invoice for the vehicle and no destination fee? I'm not clear on why no destination fee since the car has to be delivered to the dealer just like any other car.