Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Am considering putting my Maybach on rental. Do you think there will be a demand ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Originally Posted by revstriker
Well this is true. But I wonder how much more he could come down and still make it worth the while. I would imagine the insurance rates would be astronomical, especially if you were to let anyone over 25 with a credit card drive it.
Very true; if the vehicle actually exists... 'Cause you know, I was thinking of renting out my Enzo

I would love to see photo's of this mystery Maybach
Old 10-20-2004, 09:20 PM

A Few hundred a day ? Go to GothamDreamCars.com, the only place in Manhattan which rents out exotics and you will see that just a half a day rate is $995.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alinaqvi
A Few hundred a day ? Go to GothamDreamCars.com, the only place in Manhattan which rents out exotics and you will see that just a half a day rate is $995.
I dont buy it ....... its all a fantasy. No real owner would be speculative about the cost of rental service fees when the depreciation, wear and tear and labour charges are all known amounts.

People seem to like saying they have Maybachs and would like a quick $200 for a rental.

Obviously they cant afford one and want to find a "get cash quick scheme" to offset the cost.

Old 10-21-2004, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
this thread is a joke.. either post a photo of your Maybach or go back to playing outside.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:46 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
'05 E320CDI, 1987 300E, Vanagon Syncro, Turbo Arrow III
Originally Posted by miroj
I dont buy it ....... its all a fantasy. No real owner would be speculative about the cost of rental service fees when the depreciation, wear and tear and labour charges are all known amounts.

People seem to like saying they have Maybachs and would like a quick $200 for a rental.

Obviously they cant afford one and want to find a "get cash quick scheme" to offset the cost.

In fairness, people with airplanes ask this sort of question all of the time, and for various reasons. There are quite a few people who buy a new airplane with the express intention of "putting it on the line" (renting it out) during the idle time when they aren't flying it. The rental income can help pay for an aircraft they otherwise couldn't afford.

There are a number of benefits to this if it's in a bona fide business, including the fact that the maintenance costs can partially offset the rental income come tax time.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that someone asking this sort of question doesn't or couldn't own a vehicle costing that much. There are partnership and other possibilities as well, we just don't think of them often, because cars are generally viewed as a one owner type of asset.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:07 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pa28pilot
The rental income can help pay for an aircraft they otherwise couldn't afford.
Im not making assumptions, just agreeing with what you said.