Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Impact of hurricane Ian on port of Brunswick

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2022, 07:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
1992 300E, 2023 S500
Impact of hurricane Ian on port of Brunswick

Does anyone know if Hurricane Ian has impacted the Mercedes VPC at the Port of Brunswick? CNN shows there is a possible storm surge at Brunswick and heavy rains. I'm wondering if anyone knows if that weather has or could damage the cars being stored there.
Old 09-30-2022, 05:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 710 Likes on 527 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
yes it can damage the port- all depends on storm surge, wind and things getting blown around by wind.

Then remember the workers have homes it the area and well I can bet they will not go to work if their homes are damaged and without power.
They probably have kids whose school would be closed.
Port could be without power it might not be on the top of the list for restoration as hospitals, gas stations and grocery stores tend to get it first.

Hurricanes suck as the damage is so far spreading in area and storm surge can do crazy things.

I wish all those effected by the storm good luck and hope they purchased from good SOLVENT insurance company.

I have lived thru bunch of hurricanes, Katrina causing the most headaches after the storm passes.

FYI the best Hurricane info site from NOAA, as they are the source of the weather info on hurricanes:
HURRICANE IAN (noaa.gov)