Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Excellent Boston Area MB Service Fall 2022

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2022, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 c300
Thumbs up Excellent Boston Area MB Service Fall 2022

Maintaining any Mercedes Benz correctly can be an daunting endeavor, never mind when it's a well kept budding classic 1997 SL500.
Finding an experienced professional you can trust is seldom an easy task. Having removed my car from storage this Spring I knew I was leaking top hydraulic cylinder fluid however seeing an illuminated Check Engine light was unexpected. Making the hydraulics a priority I went looking for a qualified professional I felt good about. Inquiring locally I was told about Mike Colombo of Elite Auto Service, LLC of Wakefield, MA. Mike, a certified master technician is a one man operation with 30 years of experience with MB. I visited his shop and with his assurance I'd have a good experience doing business with him, we agreed on a plan to remedy the hydraulics. A week later Mike had the parts. In the morning I brought my car in and that afternoon I left with the top hydraulic cylinders replaced and the roof in good working order.

I let the car sit for a few days before using it again the following weekend at which time operating the roof I noticed a slight trickle of hydraulic fluid on the right roof support member. Concerned I immediately called Mike and it being Sunday, I left a message. Monday morning I received a call back from Mike who stated it was
most likely residual fluid left over from hard to reach crevice's below where the old cylinders had resided. He asked me to bring the car in at noon the next day and I did so. In Mike's presence I watched him access the new cylinders, which were working flawlessly, and inspect the system proving there were no leaks. A few small amounts of fluid which he was able to sop up I believe had remained from the original cylinders. Appreciating how Mike stood behind his work - addressing this in a timely manner and allowing me to witness his inspection I felt confident Mike's initial remarks on the phone where correct.

Mike had noticed my Check Engine light was on. Further staying true to his words wanting me to "have a good experience", he then proceeded to repair the concerns in my engine compartment without any added expense to me. Demonstrating a true mastery of his craft he resolved the issues one after another in the near term clearing all diagnostic codes until the engine hummed with that sweet sound of a fine tuned machine! (We suspect that during winter residence at the car storage motel Mr. Rodent checked in and dinned on air sensor wiring puree with a vacuum hose soufflé for desert.)

Well what more can I say? If you want your MB maintained by a highly qualified, experienced professional, someone you can trust and feel good about you'd be hard pressed to find a better man then Mike Colombo owner of Elite Auto Service, LLC of Wakefield, MA. Visit him on line at www.EliteAutoServiceLLC.com

Gerald G.
Fall 2022