Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

do you think MB will introduce new models to keep up with bmw

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you think MB will introduce new models to keep up with bmw

I have been doing some creative surfing online and have found bmw is introducing or atleast in the design phase for a lot of new models..such as the 1,2,6 series etc...

I wonder if MB is planning to introduce anymodels like this to keep up with bmw or if it will stick to it current lineup... i have not found any sites that have new spy information other than mbspy

what do you think mb will/should do?
Old 05-19-2002, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK 320
New Models

Bringing out three revamped models this year (SL, E, CLK) is quite a feat. Pressure from Japanese competition has significantly shortened the time that it takes both MB and BMW to revamp models. However, bringing out an entirely new car is a different matter. The research and development costs are incredible. Take the BMW six series. It has been rumoured to be in development for many years. I'm guessing that any new model by MB would already be the subject of conjecture.
Old 05-20-2002, 01:09 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Mercedes-Benz have already bring up their speed to introduce a new model. the time span use to be 9-10 years before they bring out new models. now, it is only around 6-7 yrs.

actually it is BMW that has been trying to catch up with the model line up from MB. if you are familar with MB in the Europe MB own the Smart car company which produce one of the smallest car in the world. also, MB already have the A-class which is the smallest MB ever. so technically it is the BMW that is trying to catch MB with the introduction of their 1 or 2 series to match the A-class and the Audi's A2.

the 6 series is just the replacement of the unsuccessefull 8 series which was the coupe version of the 7 series and in that catagory MB already has the CL waiting to start the fight. many believe that the new SL is suppose to take on BMW's new 6 series but i believe that the SL is MB's plan to take on BMW's supercar Z8.