Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mercedes ME

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2022, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 450
Mercedes ME

Mercedes is no longer supporting the ME system for 2016 vehicles. Does anyone have information on what Mercedes is going to do? I can no longer remote start my car. Thanks, Bill
Old 11-21-2022, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,817 Likes on 2,551 Posts
2019 C63CS
They are not going to do anything. Unfortunately, the technology required is no longer commercially available, specifically the 3G networks are being shut down in the USA, so these old cars are losing the ability to connect to the Internet lacking support for 4G LTE. And an upgrade for the modem isn't gonna happen. Mercedes advises affected customers to get a Hum by Verizon, which offers some of the telematics that Mercedes me did, but no remote start, lock etc. Mercedes is not the only one. All car manufacturers that banked on 3G technology to be around for longer for their first attempts at connected cars are affected. Some manufacturers offer modem upgrades, but none of the Germans do as far as I know. They all rely on these OBD dongles to restore some of the functionality. It's cheaper for them. It's the normal course of technology. All these cars that used 3G to connect to the Internet were basically version 1.0 of connected cars and they were bound to become obsolete as the services evolved and 4G LTE became dominant.

https://www.verizon.com/solutions-and-services/hum/

Last edited by superswiss; 11-21-2022 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-22-2022, 12:38 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts
2013 SL550, 2016 GLE350, 2016 GLC300
If you're looking to remote start your vehicle with more options and runtime than the factory option ever gave you, take a look at our offerings! You'll love what we have to offer you!
https://www.midcityengineering.com/d...t-key-starter/