Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

No function available for saving

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2023, 11:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 E 300 4MATIC
No function available for saving

Hi all,

I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask this question. I recently purchased a CPO 2017 E 300 4MATIC for my wife and I've been playing around trying to learn all of the features, and one thing has me stumped. Whenever I try to save our home address as Home I get the message "No function available for saving". I'm a bit lost on why I'm getting that message. I've searched online, but I'm turning up empty. While I know that there's better options to use out there (Android Auto or CarPlay), my wife isn't really interested in hooking her phone up to the vehicle and learning how to use Android Auto.

Does anyone know why I'd get that message when trying to save the Home address? I also get that same error when I try to save that address to Global Favorites.

Thanks so much everyone!
Old 02-14-2023, 08:38 AM

Received 145 Likes on 120 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
I get that she doesn't want to use Android Auto or CarPlay, but will she not even just pair the phone to the car so that she can answer calls without actually touching/holding her phone (that's pretty basic functionality these days)? If you pair the phone to the car via Bluetooth, the contacts in the phone will become available to the car, including the COMAND navigation system. Then you can just use your "Home" contact from the phone.
The following users liked this post:
meridianomrebel (02-14-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 08:41 AM

2017 E 300 4MATIC
Thanks for that info! I actually did another demo for her on using Android Auto and have her convinced to roll with that after showing her how she can call, text, navigate, and listen to music with it. I'm gonna look at snagging a wireless adapter for that car. Gonna do some searching around online to try to find one that'll make it full screen.
Mr. Toad (02-14-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,828 Likes on 2,557 Posts
2019 C63CS
If you are still looking to solve the original issue, did you have a phone paired via BT when you tried to add the home address favorite? The error message you got is displayed if a particular favorite type is not available at the moment. You need to pair a phone via BT in order for the address book to become available, and then you should be able to add your Home address favorite etc. W/o a paired phone, there's no address book.
meridianomrebel (02-14-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 12:02 PM

2017 E 300 4MATIC
Oh cool! I did not have her phone paired when I did that. Thanks so much for that information! It was driving me nuts trying to figure that one out.
Old 01-30-2024, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gle350
same issue

Originally Posted by meridianomrebel
Hi all,

I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask this question. I recently purchased a CPO 2017 E 300 4MATIC for my wife and I've been playing around trying to learn all of the features, and one thing has me stumped. Whenever I try to save our home address as Home I get the message "No function available for saving". I'm a bit lost on why I'm getting that message. I've searched online, but I'm turning up empty. While I know that there's better options to use out there (Android Auto or CarPlay), my wife isn't really interested in hooking her phone up to the vehicle and learning how to use Android Auto.

Does anyone know why I'd get that message when trying to save the Home address? I also get that same error when I try to save that address to Global Favorites.

Thanks so much everyone!
Hi,
Did you get your issue resolved? I'm having the same problem.
I went through a car wash (got out of my car) and when I got back in all my favorites had disappeared.
I'm not able to add any favorites at all. And my phone is connected no problem. It says "no function available for saving" if I try to add a radio station for example.
Thanks,
Ripley
Old 01-30-2024, 04:38 PM

2017 E 300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Ripley67
Hi,
Did you get your issue resolved? I'm having the same problem.
I went through a car wash (got out of my car) and when I got back in all my favorites had disappeared.
I'm not able to add any favorites at all. And my phone is connected no problem. It says "no function available for saving" if I try to add a radio station for example.
Thanks,
Ripley
I did. You just have to pair your phone back via bluetooth. But since this post, I've just been using Android Auto. Purchased an Ottocast wireless 2 in 1, so it's fullscreen (the unit in the car thinks it's CarPlay, so it goes to fullscreen - and Android Auto fills up the entire screen).
Ripley67 (01-30-2024)