Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Some Sort of Scam?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2023, 02:21 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Mercedes gl450
Some Sort of Scam?

Could this be some sort of scam?
I have two vehicles and one garage spot at my condo. So, my GL is parked on the street. So, this morning when I went out to walk my dogs, I found a note on my windshield. It said whoever left the note witnessed a car hit the left quarter panel on my car. The license plate of the alleged car was on the note, as well as a phone number to call if I need a witness. When I looked the car over, there was no indication of contact and no damage. I ran a search of the license plate provided in the note and no such plate was found. I looked up the phone number and it was from Wisconsin (and I am in California). That's not that unusual, as people don't often change their cell numbers when they move and there are a lot of people from other states here. But, given that there was no evidence of contact on the SUV and the note-writer didn't leave a name, I am suspicious. I'm just not sure what kind of scam could be involved. Unless it's to see if the note was removed (meaning the car is tended to, if not moved, regularly. Any ideas?

In any case, I do move the car daily even if I didn't otherwise use it. Hope my BlackVue dash cam gets here soon!