Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Let The Buyer Beware/Help Me Now I'm Falling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2023, 01:38 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2007 MBZ SL550
Let The Buyer Beware/Help Me Now I'm Falling

It seems that I committed the most egregious error that could be considered a sin to all those purchasing a used car. I bought a car that was 122 miles away from me. So, I had the car test checked and scanned before I made any move. The verdict from the said mechanic was everything looked great and no fault errors. But, and this is the biggest sin of all, it was not the mechanic of my choice. So, based on his findings I purchased the car. Now I have the car and took it to my mechanic and you have already surmised by the title of this post what happened. The is a 180 of what the mechanic told me 122 miles away from me. So now I will have to fight a battle to get my down back and the loan company to agree with me that it was a fraud. I don't have much experience in this area, so I'm reaching out to anyone who might have experience and provide me with some solid information I can battle.

Thank you all in advance.
Old 09-08-2023, 01:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,133 Likes on 1,494 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Maybe some more details?

what car? What is wrong with the car ...
Old 09-09-2023, 03:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 728 Likes on 544 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
lot more details like what is the car?

FRAUD is when done on purpose and hard to prove.
Errors and having no clue to what you are doing is not fraud

Also as an Old ABS Surveyor once told me:
When I inspect something, and it passes muster;
Does not mean it is any good tomorrow.
It is only good just today, right here right now.
Once I walk away; anything can happen.
Old 09-09-2023, 10:58 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2007 MBZ SL550
The car is a 2007 SL-550. I bought the car based on a mechanic that (of their choice) lied to me about the condition of the car. Plus, the "Dealership" told me that they had fixed an issue with the convertible top when all they did was mickey mouse it to work short term. It was never fixed. When I get a list of EVERYTHING else that wrong with the car, (again they told me there was nothing wrong with the car and the diag scan was clean) I'll come back here and post the list. I can tell you this now, It's bad, real bad meaning to fix the car would be anywhere near or above 12k which was my initial down payment on the car.