Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

ordering below msrp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2023, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ram 1500
ordering below msrp

hey guys.

im in houston and looking for any dealer recommendations to order a gle 450.

so far the local houston dealers unwilling to budge off msrp.

in the past, I have been able to get below slightly invoice price but can’t seem to find anyone to even talk to me at that level unless I switch to jeep/ram.

Old 10-10-2023, 08:59 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
none
Fun fact, which several unfortunate people found out a couple of years ago. Even if they order the car at below retail price and then make you wait 9 months for it to come in, when it arrives, they can just sell it to someone else OR demand much more money for it. Sounds illegal, but isn't. Two or three years ago, someone on this forum ordered an E Class Cab at a few thousand below MSRP, waited more than a year and when it came in was told that not only would the dealership not honor the negotiated price, but would in fact charge something like $10,000 over MSRP. This was not an isolated story.

Granted the crazy days of huge parts issues are "mostly" behind us, but we did learn we had far fewer rights than we thought we had.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 503 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by gmt58
Fun fact, which several unfortunate people found out a couple of years ago. Even if they order the car at below retail price and then make you wait 9 months for it to come in, when it arrives, they can just sell it to someone else OR demand much more money for it. Sounds illegal, but isn't. Two or three years ago, someone on this forum ordered an E Class Cab at a few thousand below MSRP, waited more than a year and when it came in was told that not only would the dealership not honor the negotiated price, but would in fact charge something like $10,000 over MSRP. This was not an isolated story.

Granted the crazy days of huge parts issues are "mostly" behind us, but we did learn we had far fewer rights than we thought we had.
A purchase order will lock it in since it's considered a contract. Any dealer changing the price other than what was agreed should be reported to the manufacturer and your state's attorney general's office as an unfair trade practice. It usually doesn't take long and maybe it'll help all of us by putting these shady practices to bed.

Last edited by wildta; 10-10-2023 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-10-2023, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 88 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
Good luck. I had to go 100 miles outside of the DC area to get a dealer that wasn't trying to charge $12K over sticker. This will be the first thing I have ever paid sticker on, and at this point I'll take it.

You might need to swallow a bit of pride and pay MSRP if you want it that badly.