Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Wrecked my front end!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 12:16 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrecked my front end!!!

AS all of you know how concerened I am about my car and how much I took car of it you will not beleive that I crashed it today.
I took my eye off the road for a second and smashed into someones back end. I was going about 10 but it was in accelleartion so the impact was much greater than it owuld have been going at 10 mph idle speed.

The others car was fine, with a few scratches on the bumper, but my 1992 300 D's grill is crashed in, the hood lifted up about 1 in to 1 1/2 in., you cant lift the hood up, the bumper is pushed ouward, the left headlight is cracked... kind of bad.

I was able to drive the car home (only about5 miles away) but when you went higher than 25 it will make a weird noise and it is very more bumpy and not as smmoth/comfortable as it was before the accident (will that be fixed once the car is fixed) Also it makes some nosies

- Any adive or words to calm me down as right now I am hestircal as to what I had just done to the car I loved.
-- Has anoyne had any expereince with this before? Do the cars run the same and fell the same after the crash like as far as sound, realibility, and comforrt**!?
Old 11-10-2004, 10:13 AM
Almost a Member!

Hey

Does anyone think the engine or anything under the hood is messed up from what I described?

Again we were at a stop light and I looked up and thought the person in front of me was going so I hit the pedal ( a little to hard, but this thing does get some pickup from 0 - 10) and smashed in the back end of her. I was probably accelrating to about 5-10 mph...

The hood is popped up about an inch and the grill is smashed in, when I looked between the grill and where the fan is it doesnt look like the grill went into the internal part or anything it looks like the grill just got smashed hit the fans and then retracted back out...

What does everyone think?
You think the car will be fixable or do you think its enough damged to wear it will get totaled (I hope not - dont have enough money for another bueaty like this one.)
---
Im taking it to my uncle who does autobody work on it friday and then hopefully he can fix eveyrthing and will take it to someone to check the internal damage, becuase it did not drive as smooth as it did when I wasdriving it home from the accident , what could this be?
Old 11-13-2004, 01:44 PM
Almost a Member!

anyone

anyone with any opinions?