Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

W203 OM646 2359-001 Faulty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2023, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203
W203 OM646 2359-001 Faulty

Hello ! I have problem with my w203 Facelift C220 OM646 150ps.Car do not have power and now is in limp mode.Star diagnostic show faulty code 2359-001 low boost.

Could you help me about this problem ? From where i start to replace/repair
Old 12-14-2023, 07:50 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
C-Class
The fault code 2359-001 indicating low boost is a common issue in turbocharged vehicles and often relates to a problem in the turbocharger system. Here's a general guide on where to start diagnosing and resolving the low boost issue:
  1. Inspect for Boost Leaks: Check the entire intake system, including hoses, pipes, intercooler, and connections for any cracks, loose clamps, or leaks that could be causing the loss of boost pressure. A leak in the system before the turbocharger can significantly affect boost pressure.
  2. Inspect the Turbocharger: Assess the condition of the turbocharger itself. Look for any signs of damage, wear, or oil leaks around the turbo. Ensure that the wastegate is functioning properly and not stuck open or closed.
  3. Check Turbo-related Components: Inspect the actuator, vacuum lines, and control solenoids associated with the turbo system. Faulty actuators or solenoids can affect the turbo's performance and lead to low boost.
  4. Inspect Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor: A malfunctioning MAF sensor can cause incorrect air intake readings, affecting the turbo's performance. Ensure the MAF sensor is clean and functioning properly.
  5. Check for Clogged Air Filters: A clogged or dirty air filter can restrict airflow to the turbo, causing a decrease in boost pressure. Replace the air filter if it's dirty or clogged.
  6. Scan for Fault Codes: As you mentioned, using a full system scanner like the Youcanic scanner to read fault codes from all control modules is crucial. It might reveal additional codes or issues that are contributing to the low boost problem.
Remember, the fault code provides a starting point, but a thorough inspection and diagnostic process might be needed to pinpoint the exact cause of the low boost issue. If the issue persists or if you're unsure about the diagnosis, it's recommended to seek assistance from a qualified mechanic or a professional with experience in diagnosing turbocharger-related problems.

Last edited by Vin_16; 12-14-2023 at 10:11 AM. Reason: New info