Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Poor formymercedes experiance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 SLK 55, 06 S4 avant, 05 Jetta GLI, 04 Boxster S
Poor formymercedes experiance

Long story short, I ordered a grill from formymercedes.com and SIXTEEN days pass with no word other than my order conformation. I email Jerry and he replies "I am missing a number on your credit card and I need to know what color you want". Alway leary of internet companies, I decide that this in an unexceptable time laps and cancel my order. This is when it gets weird. He emails me back saying its my fault that my credit card order was sort a number. I'm thinking "what kind of idiot tells a potental customer its their fault the order got screwed up". I reply by agreeing with him and explaining that the customer is always right even if they aren't, and that its not appropriate business edicate to tell customers that they are too blame for his poor responce time. His attitude went downhill from there and I will spare you the details. I will encourage everyone interested in doing business with Jerry to proceed with caution. I have since read another negative post regarding his poor attitude and deplorable customer service.

Last edited by redduc; 11-10-2004 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:22 AM
taylor192

Originally Posted by redduc
Long story short, I ordered a grill from formymercedes.com and SIXTEEN days pass with no word other than my order conformation. I email Jerry and he replies "I am missing a number on your credit card and I need to know what color you want". Alway leary of internet companies, I decide that this in an unexceptable time laps and cancel my order. This is when it gets weird. He emails me back saying its my fault that my credit card order was sort a number. I'm thinking "what kind of idiot tells a potental customer its their fault the order got screwed up". I reply by agreeing with him and explaining that the customer is always right even if they aren't, and that its not appropriate business edicate to tell customers that they are too blame for his poor responce time. His attitude went downhill from there and I will spare you the details. I will encourage everyone interested in doing business with Jerry to proceed with caution. I have since read another negative post regarding his poor attitude and deplorable customer service.
He should've contacted you sooner once the mistake was realised. Perhaps this is a fault of his ordering system that doesn't notify him properly if an ordering mistake occurs. Regardless, you are correct, he should've never gotten into an argument, nor played the 'blame game' with a customer. He should've apologized for the delay at the very least. Did he?

Once you cancelled your order he should've left it at that. Dealing with Jerry I did find that he tends to take business 'personally'.

I contacted him about prices of Brabus replicas. Once I found competitive prices I contacted him again to see if he'd beat them. His response: "I doubt that the rims are the same".
I have currently 4 leads on the replicas I want, and am waiting for the one reseller to convince me why paying a few extra or less $$$ is worth it to buy from them (price differences are about $200-300 CND). The guy with the highest price has been the most helpful by providing pics, manufacturing techniques, and other customer opinions while continually sweetening the deal and offering to hold the deal until my decision is made.

He never once criticized me for shopping around, merely tried to convince me, despite a higher price, he was the man to buy from. That's how it should be done.

I'll probably end up paying more just cause this reseller was most helpful in making my decision.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 SLK 55, 06 S4 avant, 05 Jetta GLI, 04 Boxster S
I would have been completely happy with a "sorry I couldn't earn your business this time, please keep us in mind for your future needs". I was really taken back by his beligerant responce. I only do business with people I am comfortable with no matter how small the item.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bantha
I think that guy runs his business out of his living room. He was probably drunk or too caught up watching Ken Jennings' Jeopardy winning streak to notice the error. I'd avoid him as well.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:26 PM

2003 E500, 1998 Ferrari Spider
Weird, I ordered my CL style grill for my 03 E500 on Friday the 5th and recieved it as promised today. I even got 3 e-mails from " Quantum Notify" which gave me a link to the UPS Tracking website. The doorbell rang and I got my grill. I went back to the link and it said "Status Delivered on front door". Absolutely no problems. Having heard your story I am sory it turned out that way. At that price it is a smokin deal. PS. The fit and finish is at least as good if not better than the pics. Total install time less than 10 minutes.

Cheers
Old 11-14-2004, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by tuscanraider
I think that guy runs his business out of his living room. He was probably drunk or too caught up watching Ken Jennings' Jeopardy winning streak to notice the error. I'd avoid him as well.
lol, now theres a thought