Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

New C300 Sunroof Exploded

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2024, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 C300
New C300 Sunroof Exploded

Hello all,
TL;DR - My sunroof spontaneously shattered on my 6 month old C300. Mercedes rejected warranty saying it was not their fault. Looking for people who have had similar experiences

I purchased a new C300 in July 2023. Last week I was driving down an open highway with no traffic around me and my sunroof spontaneously shattered. This covered myself and my passenger in glass and caused minor cuts

I got the vehicle back to the dealership and they have rejected warranty saying it was my fault but offered no evidence to support their findings. I'm currently fighting with Mercedes Benz Australia and there is A LOT of similar experiences out there I've read.

There has been class action law suits in the US and I would like to hear from anyone that's had a similar experience to support my claim if I end up in a similar situation.

Thanks for reading.

- Scott
Old 03-21-2024, 08:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,616 Likes on 2,224 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by DontBuyOne
Hello all,
TL;DR - My sunroof spontaneously shattered on my 6 month old C300. Mercedes rejected warranty saying it was not their fault. Looking for people who have had similar experiences

I purchased a new C300 in July 2023. Last week I was driving down an open highway with no traffic around me and my sunroof spontaneously shattered. This covered myself and my passenger in glass and caused minor cuts

I got the vehicle back to the dealership and they have rejected warranty saying it was my fault but offered no evidence to support their findings. I'm currently fighting with Mercedes Benz Australia and there is A LOT of similar experiences out there I've read.

There has been class action law suits in the US and I would like to hear from anyone that's had a similar experience to support my claim if I end up in a similar situation.

Thanks for reading.

- Scott
Sorry about this, it is common but do you have a 2023 C 300 sedan? If so this is the first W206 we heard about with this issue on the forums.
Old 06-19-2024, 12:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 BMW 430i GC
Originally Posted by DontBuyOne
Hello all,

Thanks for reading.

- Scott
What was the outcome? Same thing happened to me today on my 2023 W206.
Old 06-19-2024, 01:19 PM

Received 217 Likes on 161 Posts
W212 E63S Wagon - GSL580 - E63 - E350 - C300
Originally Posted by AlexTheMan
What was the outcome? Same thing happened to me today on my 2023 W206.

Very very different worlds. I had a sunroof shatter years ago (C) and MB replaced it under warranty right off, gave me a loaner car (of course) and kept the car extra time to try to get out all of the glass. Granted, I was the original owner...and it was at the dealership where I purchased the car. Plus, in the US they tend to be a bit more lawyer fearing than many other countries.
Old 06-19-2024, 11:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 BMW 430i GC
Originally Posted by OldManAndHisCar
Very very different worlds. I had a sunroof shatter years ago (C) and MB replaced it under warranty right off, gave me a loaner car (of course) and kept the car extra time to try to get out all of the glass. Granted, I was the original owner...and it was at the dealership where I purchased the car. Plus, in the US they tend to be a bit more lawyer fearing than many other countries.
Thanks for the input. I am in Houston. Car is one year old with 8000 miles. Taking it to dealer tomorrow.

Last edited by AlexTheMan; 06-19-2024 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-31-2024, 11:33 AM

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts
2011 E350 4MATIC
Exploding Sunroof

Someone on this site has posted the top execs contact info, so peruse the info in case you need to escalate your case.

Originally Posted by AlexTheMan
Thanks for the input. I am in Houston. Car is one year old with 8000 miles. Taking it to dealer tomorrow.