Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Tracking Factory Order From Germany

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2024 MB GLA 250 4Matic
Tracking Factory Order From Germany

I ordered a 2024 Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4Matic in November, 2023. The build was completed near the end of January and was showing a build code of B5. I have a list of the build codes from some years ago. I’m not sure if they have changed. The B5 code is/was built and at the factory. The next code on the list is B7, at port. My dealer advised me a couple of days ago that my vehicle is now code B6, which is not one of the codes used from the list I have.
I am assuming that this should mean it is in transit from the factory to the port, but I’m not sure. Is anyone familiar with build code B6? I’d appreciate any info. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2024, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,704 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2019 C63CS
Status B6 is not a helpful code. B6 means factory invoiced. They sent the bill basically.
Old 02-24-2024, 08:46 PM

2024 MB GLA 250 4Matic
Originally Posted by superswiss
Status B6 is not a helpful code. B6 means factory invoiced. They sent the bill basically.
Thanks for the reply. I’m a little surprised how little information the dealer seems to have. Your reply would lead to my next question which is would they send the factory invoice closer to time of delivery or might it still be a ways off, and to whom was the invoice electronically sent to, the dealer?
They moved up production of my vehicle 2-3 weeks ahead of the original scheduled production date, so I find it difficult to believe that it would now be collecting dust sitting in the factory parking lot for a long period of time before being shipped. The dealer advised me at the end of January that the planned delivery date to the dealership was the second week of March and that time frame has not changed according to their records, but that’s about all the dealership seems to know. I have no idea if these “planned delivery” dates actually mean anything as opposed to an actual delivery date. If my vehicle is to arrive the second week of March it would have to be on one of two vehicle carriers which are heading to Canada at this moment. I don’t have a great deal of confidence that it is, but I’d love to be surprised.
Old 02-24-2024, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,704 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2019 C63CS
These are purely rough estimates. The cars are invoiced once production has finished. I believe the invoice goes to the importer first, which in your case is MB of Canada. It can take a while for the cars to get from the factory to the port depending on the location of the factory. Mercedes has several factories. The GLA from what I can see is built in Rastatt, Germany and Hambach, France. Both are quite far south from Bremerhaven, Germany which is the port from where Mercedes ships. So they first have to get on a transport to the port, most likely by train, so with loading, unloading and traveling almost 800 km that can easily take a week or more by itself. Once it's been assigned a vessel, you have a better idea when it's gonna arrive, however once it arrives in Canada, it can linger at the VPC for another 2-3 weeks and then it has to be transported to your dealership, so that can take a while, too, depending on how far your dealership is from the port and if the car sustained any shipping damage.

The following users liked this post:
MBCozzy (02-24-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 10:52 PM

2024 MB GLA 250 4Matic
Thanks for the informative reply. Much appreciated. I’ll update this post when my Mercedes arrives. Ordered mid November, build completed near the end of January. Let’s see how long delivery takes.
A buddy of mine ordered a Cadillac XT4 in mid August and he still hasn’t received it, so I can’t complain about anything for a while yet.
Old 03-06-2024, 07:24 PM

2024 MB GLA 250 4Matic
Possibly an update from today, My dealership advised that the delivery date to the dealership here in Ontario has been updated today to March 19th. One problem however, the status has not changed since the build was completed on January 29th. Unless the vehicle has already been shipped from Germany, there’s no way that delivery date will be met.
Two questions: how accurate are these delivery dates to the dealership especially seeing as how an actual date is now being given, and secondly is it at all possible that the status never updates from build completed until delivery to the dealer?
I contacted Mercedes Canada and I was told they have no way to track vehicles. I find it hard to believe that they have no idea what vehicles are en route to Canada. I was told the dealership was the only place to check on the delivery status but other than the delivery date they’ve been provided they seem to have no clue where my vehicle is. Great system.
Any feedback from anyone who can advise how accurate the delivery to dealerships is once an actual date is given would be appreciated.