Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Need CarFax report for 80 450SL...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2004 | 07:00 PM

Need CarFax report for 80 450SL...

I have no history on this car and any info gained is a plus. Does anyone have access to CarFax info? WDB10704412065298

Happy Motoring
Old 11-14-2004 | 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by DieselBenz
Does anyone have access to CarFax info?

tutorial for using carfax

1> go to www.carfax.com

2> enter vin number WDB10704412065298 keeping in mind that The letters "I", "O" and "Q" never appear in a VIN, the VIN must be exactly 17 characters in length and the vehicle year must be 1981 through the present. (the VIN number you provided is invalid.)

3> decide if you want a single report for $19.99 or unlimited reports in a 30 day period for $24.99

4> enter payment info

5> hit enter

6> receive report

7> enjoy report

8> if necessary, repeat steps 1-7
Old 11-14-2004 | 01:46 PM
Almost a Member!

1995 e320 wagon
I think this is a old vin (over 10 year old car) or was put in incorrectly.
it's not coming up in Carfax
Old 11-14-2004 | 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
the vehicle year must be 1981 through the present.
Old 11-15-2004 | 04:38 PM

Ok already! I didn't know until yesterday and found out on another MB forum that CarFax only traces back to 1981 model year.

While other MB forums members are offering to look up CarFax info for fellow members, (they did for my 87 300D) and as well from a Volvo forum I also am a member, I just assumed this is an offering not uncommon in car forums as I have found. I didn't think it would be any different here, I didn't antisipate some people here on this MB forum (I also posted the same request in the tech section here) of which I am new to, to have such a beef about my asking for this info! Another reply I got here was suggestive that if I could not afford a CarFax report, I could not afford a MB!

Maybe some of the members here on this MB forum are not so generous, nor as friendly! What was I thinking
Old 11-15-2004 | 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by DieselBenz
Ok already! I didn't know until yesterday and found out on another MB forum that CarFax only traces back to 1981 model year.

While other MB forums members are offering to look up CarFax info for fellow members, (they did for my 87 300D) and as well from a Volvo forum I also am a member, I just assumed this is an offering not uncommon in car forums as I have found. I didn't think it would be any different here, I didn't antisipate some people here on this MB forum (I also posted the same request in the tech section here) of which I am new to, to have such a beef about my asking for this info! Another reply I got here was suggestive that if I could not afford a CarFax report, I could not afford a MB!

Maybe some of the members here on this MB forum are not so generous, nor as friendly! What was I thinking
settle down buck-o. i was willing to look it up for you and i actaully started until i found out by entering the VIN that it was invalid (too old). you didnt even bother to check that or do any research. i look at it like this, if you are in the market for a new car, whats $20 or $25 in the grand scheme of things. this report could mean the difference between a happy future with the car or a terrible nightmare. me personally i always pay for the service just for the peace of mind. but to each his own. as far as the comment about some MB forum members not being generous or friendly, that i would say is a small percentage and i wouldnt judge the whole forum on that.
Old 11-16-2004 | 07:37 AM

This 1980 450SL was given to me last week by my brother. He has no info on it's history and the Odometer stopped working at 178K. All basically I wanted was to find out if I could to determine based on previous ownership how many miles might be on it today!

A further understanding as to my frustration here can be explained in the tech section on this forum, please read.