Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Hardwire Garmin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2024, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 MB C240
Unhappy Hardwire Garmin

Hey guys! Thank you for taking your time to read my post

i am a proud new 2002 Mercedes Benz C240 owner and absolutely love the car. I had bought the car with engine and electrical issues for my mom, towed it 3 hours home, fixed and restored her to her new state and my mom drives it everyday showing it off.
the only issue is since the car is a 2002, it dosent have a GPS system. So I bought her a nice garmin gps and want to hardwire it into the car so she doesn’t have to use the cigarette lighter and make it look ghetto/ not be able to charge her phone. I bought a hardwire kit, and the piggybacks and fuses but I’m having a problem. I’ve been scanning every fuse and everything, and just cannot find a fuse that I can piggy back off of. Some places with no fuses in them cause the fans to ramp up when the garmin is plugged in, and the rest of the other places keep the garmin on forever and use important fuses that I do not want to mess with or throw codes. I’ve wanted to use the Cigarette lighter fuse, but the problem is my piggyback cannot fit due to the way it was made. Do you guys have any idea on which fuse turns off with the car? I’ve been looking with a multimeter for hours and I’m racking my brain out. Please help!

Mack

Last edited by MBMechanic22; 03-17-2024 at 05:21 PM.