Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Urgent: Opportunity to Salvage Vintage Mercedes Parts in Denver, Colorado

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1989 560SL
Exclamation Urgent: Opportunity to Salvage Vintage Mercedes Parts in Denver, Colorado

Dear Community,

I come bearing some unfortunate news regarding a beloved Mercedes shop in Denver, Colorado. Regrettably, the shop has closed its doors due to the owner's health struggles. The owner, having endured brain trauma and facing an inability to continue working, is in dire need of assistance.

This closure has left behind thousands of used parts, along with several R107's, languishing in the shop's storage. It's a heartbreaking situation, especially considering the wealth of vintage Mercedes-Benz parts at risk of being consigned to the landfill.

Having had the privilege of purchasing one of the 560SLs from this shop, I've developed a personal connection to the owner. Witnessing his predicament, I'm compelled to extend a helping hand. However, my own commitments prevent me from taking on this endeavor alone.

Hence, I'm reaching out to our community in the hope of finding someone with both a passion for vintage Mercedes and the necessary resources to salvage what remains in the shop. It's a challenging task, compounded by the disarray within the shop and storage areas, hindering any attempts to sell these valuable cars and parts.

Most of the parts hail from pre-'90s Mercedes-Benz models, offering a treasure trove for enthusiasts and collectors alike.

If you, or someone you know, possess the means and fervor to undertake this salvage operation, please reach out to me at your earliest convenience. Let's come together to ensure these invaluable pieces of automotive history find new homes, rather than meet an untimely demise in a landfill. The building is up for sale and we need to move on this soon.

Thank you for your attention and potential assistance.