Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

NTG 7 - reset to factory settings via physical button

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2024, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B-class, but actually a friend's car
Red face NTG 7 - reset to factory settings via physical button

Hi everyone,

I've been looking online for the key combination to reset the MBUX system in my car (NTG 7) to factory settings, but haven't found it in the official manuals.

I saw some videos showing an NTG 6 reset using the “telephone + favourite” buttons on the centre console, but I'm unsure if the process differs between models.

Does anyone have experience resetting an NTG 7 system? Any guidance would be appreciated!

Kind Regards, Frank.
Old 06-04-2024, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,801 Likes on 2,542 Posts
2019 C63CS
There is no button to do that. You find the option to factory reset the system under the System settings. I think in the latest version it's called Delete all data or something like that. You can power cycle the system by pressing and holding the On/Off button, but that just restarts it. Wiping the system of all your data and resetting it to factory settings isn't something that you could accidentally trigger via a combination of button presses.

Last edited by superswiss; 06-04-2024 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-04-2024, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B-class, but actually a friend's car
@superswiss Good evening, and thanks a lot for the prompt reply. I found this video where it seems possible:

According to the video, a soft reset method can be performed to trigger a system reset on a 2021 Mercedes GLE 350 when you have no access to the HU settings. Here's how to do it:
  1. Locate the Favourite button and the Telephone button on your car's dashboard.
  2. Hold down both the Favourite button and the Telephone button for about 10 seconds each.
I know how to perform the reset via the MBUX UI on both, NTG6 and NTG 7 (Settings >> System >> Reset). However, there might be situations where it is convenient to start the process via a physical button. For example, the screen becomes black after a software update. Or, you forgot the system PIN, and the OTP/PUK reset via the Mercedes me portal does not work. There's no option to type the OTP password generated in the portal. In such cases, when you have no access to the HU settings, how would you trigger a system reset?

Thanks in advance for your support.