Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

E Class Engine Swap/Build Idea and how to get started

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2024, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mini cooper s
E Class Engine Swap/Build Idea and how to get started

Hi all, new member here.. I live in London with the dreaded ULEZ. Currently have a mini cooper s as a run around but want a bigger car and something fun to create

I love old Mercedes, especially the e190 and have always dreamt of owning and building a cosworth rep.

I also am a fan of estates (wagons) and think it would be epic to build a cosworth style/ amg hammer rep with an e class estate from the same era.

The practicality of owning a 30 year old car in the ULEZ zone really disheartens me.

My mind wanders and was pondering the possibility of doing an ulez engine swap into an e class 220 estate c1995 with a M271 engine and slap a cossy body kit on it! (and the rest)

I don’t have a space to do the work, how does one go about getting the ball rolling. Are there co op spaces?

Are there garages that would let me work on it myself?

Are there mechanics that would take on the project?

Apologies in advance if these are stupid questions..

Any advice on where to begin? This is all hypothetical but I do have the funds to purchase the donor car and engine plus transmission.

Keen to hear anyone’s thoughts! Maybe this is a crazy idea but I’m a dreamer..

Many thanks