Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

300D engine type

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2024, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw (bus metro walk)
300D engine type

Hi, I'm a french Canadian that moved to the Philippines.. please forgive me if my English isnt UK perfect....

im lookijng to find out the last IDI engine in the mercedes 300D line up.. im thinking somewhere mid 90s... BEFORE common rail...
if your thinking that i wanna do WVO, you are probably right... . i mean.. Philippines is hotter than the devils butthole.. and the 2nd fuel pump is mechanical i believe... might as well..

thank you and merci
Old 06-15-2024, 04:29 AM

bmw (bus metro walk)
i should add there was a 1983 mercedes 200D near the capital... but the lift pump was not functional and neither was the AC.. also. it got sold
so im looking at.. mercedes smart fortwo cdi (just checked the cdi has a fuel rail)
toyota fortuner with the D4D engine...(as does the D4D engine)...
i mean if i could id get anything with a cummins engine... but.. nearly impossible to find that in this beautiful country

Last edited by corporal_Canada; 06-15-2024 at 04:34 AM.
Old 06-15-2024, 04:51 AM

bmw (bus metro walk)
and if it isnt too much trouble... this question as well
what year was the last IDI engine used in a 300D ? or 240D... or 200D.. bigger isnt always better... i just want it to run on wvo for minimum 12 hours without stalling..

reason being... on the boat where vehicles are being transported from island to island.. i believe i am permitted to remain seated in my car.. and omg, AC is a blessing in 30c + weather...
if i would be back home in Montreal, i would rather freeze than consome 1-2$ a L petrol... in winter...
using FREE wvo that only took a few calories to poor into a micron filter (cant boil the water out because the locals use LPG stoves to cook food... i was told that i should have many fuel filters (with water separator) in the car.. and something called bioKleen .. 1 bottle for every 20L of wvo.. to eliminate growth...
anything else ? pass wvo through clothing and a micron filter.. i have 400 mesh.. i will work my way up to 1 micron naturally...
let the wvo sit somewhere for a few weeks and dump it into the fuel tank..

Last edited by corporal_Canada; 06-15-2024 at 05:14 AM. Reason: additional notes
Old 06-15-2024, 04:54 AM

bmw (bus metro walk)
sorry, here is my first post since it s faded...

Hi, I'm a french Canadian that moved to the Philippines.. please forgive me if my English isnt UK perfect....

im lookijng to find out the last IDI engine in the mercedes 300D line up.. im thinking somewhere mid 90s... BEFORE common rail...
if your thinking that i wanna do WVO, you are probably right... . i mean.. Philippines is hotter than the devils butthole.. and the 2nd fuel pump is mechanical i believe... might as well..

thank you and merci