Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Unresolved Issue - Buyback/Refund?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2024, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Angry Unresolved Issue - Buyback/Refund?

I am dealing with a terrible situation and posting this with the hope that someone might be able provide some guidance, please. I purchased a 1 year old AMG sedan with very low mileage CPO from a MB dealership. It has a recurrent issue that they have thus far been unable to resolve. I have owned the car for approximately 17 months. Over the past 12 months, the vehicle has been in service >7 times and out of my possession for more than two months in total. It is in service now where it has been for a month.

I have reached out to MB customer advocacy/retention about 5 weeks ago. They said that I can request “downtime compensation” or a “buyback offer”. The buyback offer takes 6 weeks and hard to think this offer will be fair. I told them we needed to wait until I get the vehicle back to determine if the dealership is able to fix it this time before making that decision. That was three weeks ago and the car is still in the shop….

I purchased the vehicle in a state with strong lemon laws. I had it shipped to (and registered in) a state where lemon laws do not apply to used vehicles. Concerned that if I request a buyback, they’re going to look at the laws in the state I live in and give me a low ball offer which I then can't appeal.

Has anyone heard of anything like this? Open to any and all suggestions as to how I should proceed.
Old 06-30-2024, 06:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 693 Likes on 515 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
contact lawyer? in your town