Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

MB Service Department for Metro Detroit Recomendations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2024, 10:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
20' E53
MB Service Department for Metro Detroit Recomendations?

In my first year MB ownership 2nd car.
1st '19 E450 coupe. Totaled coupe.
2nd '20 E53 Coupe.

Both I have had terrible luck with getting serviced under MB service departments. Been lied to, lack of expierence for reparing cars, delays, having to do there job for them. Onto the next shop and it appears despite having an appointment, my car still hasnt been serviced. Been trying to get the same problems serviced since May. Had to wait for my new appointment and new shop only to look on app and go to shop, my car is sitting in there parking lot. You have Woodward dream cruise all this week and my car is held hostage in parking lot during oneof the most monumental car events in the country.

MBworld, any recomendations for Metro Detroit MB service departments on say central to west side suburbs?

BTW my CPO E53 came with welded rim on back tire. That they said they replaced both rear tires. And they didn't replace the welded wheel. Tire was leaking at the weld. Major safety problem! Out of state CPO did make it right but not before them trying to get me to use my wheel and tire warranty to resolve it. Your crazy, unbelievable. Shaking my head.

I thought this was a luxury German brand with high quality and service. So crazy the terrible service!

Thank you for your help,
Tim

Last edited by MichiganTim; 08-11-2024 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-12-2024, 09:10 AM

Received 150 Likes on 125 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
I wish I could say your experience was unusual, but it's not. The service department at my dealer is comically inept, and the CPO "inspection" and certification mean nothing except an extended warranty.
Old 08-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,020 Likes on 3,158 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
MB has the worst circus of clowns as dealers among the German luxury brands.
The following users liked this post:
Mr. Toad (08-13-2024)