Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

ALL dashboard lights turn on, a clunk is heard, and all is back to normal.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2024, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E63s AMG 4MATIC+ Wagon, 2007 R63 AMG, 2007 SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee (sold), 1989 911 Carerra 4
Exclamation ALL dashboard lights turn on, a clunk is heard, and all is back to normal.

Hello all,
Happy Thursday. I have a 2007 R63, and when driving I had an issue where ALL (I truly mean all) lights on the dash turn on and then I hear a clunk before all the lights turn back on to normal- all within the span of a second or two. It does not happen that often, but occurs probably every 15-35 minutes of driving. I just had a misfire issue solved (cylinder 6 had a misfire and the mechanic only had time to change the coil on that cylinder before he went on vacation. The sparks and transmission fluid haven't been changed in 60,000 miles (don't worry I don't drive the car to preserve it), which I highly suspect is the culprit. While waiting to be fit into the mechanic, what do you guys think? I think maybe the sparks not being changed can still be causing some sort of issue but what can explain the clunk and all the lights? My mechanic over the phone seems to think that it could be some sort of water damage.