Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Doing 1st Service At dealership: Concerned?!??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209
Doing 1st Service At dealership: Concerned?!??

Well im due for my first service at the dealership. The 10,000 miles one. I want to bring it in because i still get my oil change and check up for free, but im am really concerned about them messing around with the car and messing up all my mods. I heard some bad experinece with moddified cars going into the dealerships and coming back all messed up. Im thinking of asking the service manager to do a walk around of my car before I drop it off, and ask him to do a full check of the car and tell him this is what i want my car to be in the same exact condition when i pick it up, without any scratches or damaages what so ever.

Any thoughts or opinions.?

Thanks
Old 12-09-2004, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Good Luck...'cause that's what it takes....

I hate to have my car serviced because I cannot trust a dealer to be careful. If you are REALLY paranoid walk around the car and take pictures for proof. Usually they break brackets/mounts and leave out fasteners. I agree with you.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK 320
The service writer or some other bozo will walk around your car and should make note of any (if any) scratches, dents, etc. I would be aware of any scuff marks on your inside drivers' door (because you will find new ones after the service) and be sure they correctly resent the FSS...AND that your oil dipstick/tube plug is where it is supposed to be after the service (on the car and not on one of the service bay floors). The service tag will show the oil they put in and the filter #. Don't know if the cabin filter should be replaced or inspected. Do not feel like you are putting then down by checking all of this stuff, it's your baby, not their's.

I don't even think they checked the air pressure in my tires. If you have a specific pressure you run with your setup be sure to tell them what it is....!

Good luck!