Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Help! Parts needed-hit and run accident

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
Help! Parts needed-hit and run accident

I went out last night in the 99 e320 to watch the MNF game. As I came out to the parking lot, I noticed that the driver's side of my rear bumper was damaged. Someone must have hit the car then left. The police came out and wrote up and hit and run report.

I found pieces of the bumper molding (or impact strip i think it's called) on the ground. I should probably upload a pic so you guys can see, but it appears that besides impact strip being chipped, broken and pushed in, so was the part of the bumper right above it but below the chrome strip. I will try and upload a pic soon, but does anyone know what parts I will need, where I can get them, and approximately how much it will cost to fix?

Believe it or not, no damage was done to the lower bumper or to the area from the chrome strip up (no tailight damage, etc).

Thanks in advance

Jason
Old 12-29-2004, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From your discription, it sounds like you might need two pieces. The left impact strip and depending on the damage sustained to the bumper itself, you might need a new bumped, unless you know of a good body shop to fix the dent. If you want further details send me a PM, I'll be glad to help you out.