Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

For those in the snow belt, quick question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C320 pewter/charcoal
For those in the snow belt, quick question.

I searched the forums and didn't find a good answer so thus this post.

Can anyone in the snowbelt recommend a good windshield washer fluid? My winshield washer sensor malfunction just popped up so I'm just about out of the original fluid that came with the car (which by the way I didn't particularly care for b/c it seems to freeze everytime I use it during these winter days (even with the windshield defog on it takes a bit of time to get it off).

Thanks.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally Posted by jugdishoh1
I searched the forums and didn't find a good answer so thus this post.

Can anyone in the snowbelt recommend a good windshield washer fluid? My winshield washer sensor malfunction just popped up so I'm just about out of the original fluid that came with the car (which by the way I didn't particularly care for b/c it seems to freeze everytime I use it during these winter days (even with the windshield defog on it takes a bit of time to get it off).

Thanks.
Most windshield washer fluid is designed not to freeze, so it's interesting that you have a problem with it freezing. What it's not designed to do though is melt ice that is already on the windshield. However, you can buy a de-icing type of windshield washer fluid that works well on iced up windows. However, if the ice is thick at all, you'll still have to get out and scrape.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'01 C320 || '14 Honda Pilot EX-L
This is what I use....

Rain-X® Premium De-Icer (-25oF) Windshield Washer Fluid
Formulated to combine Rain-X®micro-polymer glass treatment technology with specially formulated cleaning agents for a streak free shine. Plus treats the windshield with a water and soil repellent finish. Removes light ice and frost. Formulated to prevent ice-up on your windshield and provides freeze protection to -25ºF. Cleans to a streak-free shine.

Attached Thumbnails For those in the snow belt, quick question.-auto_deicer_neg25.jpg  
Old 01-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Cool! I think I may have tried that before. How much does that cost per gallon? I know the regular blue stuff is about a $1.00, and the de-ice stuff I used to use (don't really need it now) costs about $2.00.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'01 C320 || '14 Honda Pilot EX-L
If I remember right it was $5-$6. It is pricey, but works really well.