GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Ipod Connection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ipod Connection

I'm buying a Gl Premeire Edition, it has the Rear Seat Entertainemnt. What kind of connection is there for IPOD? A wired connection? Or none at all?

DO I have to keep using the damn FM?
Old 05-26-2006, 08:32 AM

12 CLS550, 09 CLS550, 04Cooper,10 Cooper S
the i-pod connection kit does not work with the premiere edition as it is not compatible with the existance of the rear seat entertainment system. Apparently, MB is working on a switch for this (as per another post).

You could run your i-pod via FM modulation (which blows IMHO) or via the auxilary jack in the glove box (which still will give you loss of sound)....I tried this on my SLK when I first got it. The 7 pin connector is the best way to go as you get controls in the speedo....guess we will just have to wait till MB figures this out.

P.S> you CD changer, + single CD in the dash is MP3 compatible.....so you could burn data CD's with folders to organize songs, it works quite well.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 CL55
I had asked the same question - there is an after market package that you can get to make it work - the problem once again is voiding the command warrranty. I have discussed with my MB dealer to ask them to do it.

Will let you know any progress. I have a PE coming June 10.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Almost a Member!

They have a I pod adapter that goes in the glove compartment on the left handside. I have the entertainment system package I didnt get the I pod hookup but I run my MP3 player via audio jack on the DVD player was akward so I burned my Mp3's and use the CD shuttle. You would figure they would have the option for the driver or passenger sitting in the front to control what DVD is being played without using the remote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
i have seen 2 premiere editions with MB ipod and Rear seat entertainment. It can be done now.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Kar don
i have seen 2 premiere editions with MB ipod and Rear seat entertainment. It can be done now.
Anyone have any further info on this? I have Premiere and want to hook up my IPOD to car, FM thing SUX.

Is there a different part number for IPOD KIT with REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT?

In meantime. How do you hook IPOD to Rear DVD Player?
Old 06-21-2006, 08:51 AM

12 CLS550, 09 CLS550, 04Cooper,10 Cooper S
also, does the i-pod attachment bypass the DVD player playback over the car's audio system.

I have the Ipod link in my SLK, and the way you access it is by hiiting the "audio" button followed by the "aux" sub menu.

The "aux" submenu in the GL with Rear seat entertainment yields the DVD audio over the car's system (quite superb sound quality in surround).

Hence, i wonder if the i-pod solution bypasses this feature and replaces it with ipod or there is a switch in the sub menu