GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Voice Control System (VCS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS55, 07 GL450, 07 GMC Yukon, 06 Pontiac Vibe
Question Voice Control System (VCS)

Here we go again with a ton of mixed responses. None of the early GLs have the VCS. It would be nice to have to compliment the Bluetooth Technology. Some other model owners are retro fitting their cars with VCS since the puck is now out. I'm hearing that there will be a retro-fit for the GL and some are saying it has to be done at the time of manufacture. Of course my dealer has no clue. If anyone has a definitive answer I would be interested in knowing.

Thx.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:03 PM

06 CLS55, 07 GL450, 07 GMC Yukon, 06 Pontiac Vibe
Angry Disappointed!

Got the answer for MBUSA. There is no VCS on the GL eventhough the buttons are there. The jury is still out if they will even add it to future units. There will probably be no retrofit, even if they decide to add it to future units. It appears MBUSA is cutting here and there to stretch margins. There are many more options and standard features on vehicles produced for outside the US, including Canada.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:49 PM

Actually, VCS is a stand alone option with GL. Like the hands-free system, it's factory installed only. Unfortunatelly, there are no plans for an official dealer retrofit kit since there is no prewiring.

Ask them or your dealer to look on Netstar, New Sales, Dealer Ordering Guide, Class, GL, Options, and then look down the list until they see Voice Control System. (Don't forget to tell them that you're upset that there is no prewiring while you're at it!)