GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Mercedes Reliability

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Landcruiser
Mercedes Reliability

I'm Considering a purchase of the GL and I'm trying to understand the reliability of Mercedes. Consumer Report has it as an under achiever. I have talked to many Mercedes owners and the feedback is all over the map. I'm looking for more feedback here please.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:14 PM
JLP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E-55-95-F355S- 99 Porsche 911 C2 w mods
I've owned 5 different Mercedes in the last 2 years and they have all been dead reliable. I only had one issue with the wifeys CLK-320 head unit and the dealer replaced it under warranty. I think like any other car maker you sometimes just get unlucky and get a bad car.
Remember Toyota recalled over 1 million cars and trucks last year for major safety related items. Steering yokes and suspension components etc, over 100,000 Toyota trucks had the potential of their wheels falling off while driving!!
One last thing take Consumers report and JD power results with a grain of salt, both these companies make their money by being "consultants" to automakers in a effort to help them achieve higher scores in their own surveys.
I have a few associates who currently drive GL's and none have had any issues thus far.