GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

About to pull the trigger on a GL450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking About to pull the trigger on a GL450

I am looking for any last minute advice from this forum since I will be purchasing one this saturday at either Fletcher Jones New Port/House of Imports in Buena Park/MB of Long Beach with the following specs:

Silver/Black

Premium I Package
Sunroof Package
3-Zone Climate Control Package
Appearance Package
Heating Package
Lighting Package
Premium Leather Seat
Rear Seat Entertainment
Trailer Hitch
Rearview Back-Up Camera

Pretty much everything except Distronic, Keyless Go, Off Road Package, Multicontour Seats

MSRP: 71,290
Invoice: 66,355
CarsDirect Price: 66,105
Consumer Reports Wholesale Price $63,527 + 2,650 (For Some reason CR doesn't let me pick both P01 and Rear Seat Ent-Dual Screen at the same time) = 66,177

Are above CarsDirect Price/CR Wholesale Price realistic and something I could shoot for?

Also, MB of Long Beach would quote me the price over the phone however both Fletcher Jones of New Port and House of Imports are saying that it is against their policy to discuss pricing over the phone or via email. Can I get some first hand experience from either of these two dealers? Obviously Fletcher Jones of New Port is Number 1 MB dealer in the U.S. and House of Imports is my local dealer so I would like to purchase one from either one but it seems odd that they do not want to discuss pricing over the phone. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good luck at the House.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:28 PM

I take this as do not go to the House of Imports, is there any specific reason as to why? I do have first hand experience with them about a year ago when I was looking for a ML500 and I ended up purchasing a 2006 RRS due to the Finance manager but I am hoping that they have changed since last year.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:15 PM

2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
Originally Posted by petery
I am looking for any last minute advice from this forum since I will be purchasing one this saturday at either Fletcher Jones New Port/House of Imports in Buena Park/MB of Long Beach with the following specs:

Silver/Black

Premium I Package
Sunroof Package
3-Zone Climate Control Package
Appearance Package
Heating Package
Lighting Package
Premium Leather Seat
Rear Seat Entertainment
Trailer Hitch
Rearview Back-Up Camera

Pretty much everything except Distronic, Keyless Go, Off Road Package, Multicontour Seats

MSRP: 71,290
Invoice: 66,355
CarsDirect Price: 66,105
Consumer Reports Wholesale Price $63,527 + 2,650 (For Some reason CR doesn't let me pick both P01 and Rear Seat Ent-Dual Screen at the same time) = 66,177

Are above CarsDirect Price/CR Wholesale Price realistic and something I could shoot for?

Also, MB of Long Beach would quote me the price over the phone however both Fletcher Jones of New Port and House of Imports are saying that it is against their policy to discuss pricing over the phone or via email. Can I get some first hand experience from either of these two dealers? Obviously Fletcher Jones of New Port is Number 1 MB dealer in the U.S. and House of Imports is my local dealer so I would like to purchase one from either one but it seems odd that they do not want to discuss pricing over the phone. Thanks in advance.

Is this car used? Why would they sell it at 66k, if that is invoice?
Old 11-15-2006, 06:59 PM

House like to price vehicles over sticker.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:56 PM
LDH

07 GL450,
I would get the off-road package before any of the other options just for the adjustable shocks. Xenon would be my second choice.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:20 PM

I will be purchasing this car strictly for city/highway driving and not for off-roading, do you still think the adjustable shocks are a must? I thought about getting this option as well but shouldn't the air shocks enough?
Old 11-15-2006, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Did you try Mercedes Benz of Laguna Niguel?

Out of those choices you gave me, I would much rather buy from House of Imports. Fletcher Jones is full of *** holes, and Long Beach just doesnt do it for me.

Talk to Vadim@MBLN. He will take care of you.

Go to the E55 forum to read up about him. He is a first rate guy.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:19 PM
LDH

07 GL450,
I will be purchasing this car strictly for city/highway driving and not for off-roading, do you still think the adjustable shocks are a must? I thought about getting this option as well but shouldn't the air shocks enough?
airmatic by itself is really smooth and quiet but seems to blow through its travel when you hit a big bump. The stock damping is good but is biased toward comfort, That said the GL is still pretty amazing with just the basic airmatic.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Almost a Member!

guaranteed you won't ever use it besides once to test all the settings. once you do that, you'll go back to the one setting you like and never touch it again