GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Lexus LX570 Posters-WHERE ARE YOU?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 10:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 GL320 CDI, 2001 TJ Rockcrawler, 2005 Scoobie STI
Originally Posted by sgresser
Let's see the pictures as soon as it shows up, Danno! BTW, I was a member of the Arizona Land Cruiser Association for a while (they really looked sideways at me in my Lexus but eventually realized it was the same darned thing). I wonder if there is a Mercedes off-road group for us to join? Not to do anything too drastic, but at least maybe get them climbing some hills, splashing some mud, fording some shallow streams. You know, using them for what they were supposedly designed for!

Comments?

S
Will do... Off-roading is already a bit of a hobby of mine. I have been known to do things a bit more drastic. But I know a lot of trails in the area that are pretty tame (at least tame for me). The GL will be doing part time duty as a tow rig for getting my Jeep to the more distant trails. Since it will be my wife's daily driver... Not sure that she would condone having it off-road

Old 05-17-2007, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carpersn
Just thought i'd grab everyone's attention and ask the inevitable-what do you all think of the new Lexus? www.autospies.com, if you haven't seen...

Personally, i think it looks like a bad Kia design team got hold of the front and rear end. The interior is a vast improvement over any other Lexus i've seen, but i still think their interiors feel and look Honda-esque (slick cheap leather, etc.)-please don't flame at me if you own a Honda-nothing personal.

The standard equipment level appears to be generous, so the pricing will be interesting to see...i like the surround cameras!
no comparison to the GL.

Yes, the enterior looks like the KIA and the interior like a GM truck. I think the old model looks better.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:05 AM

Lexus GS 450h
Originally Posted by hiddenvalue
no comparison to the GL.

Yes, the enterior looks like the KIA and the interior like a GM truck. I think the old model looks better.
That is a laughable post, sorry.
Reminder of what the GL looks like.

I do agree with you all though, the LX 570 exterior leaves a lot to be desired. RR anyone?
Old 05-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
I don't really see it.^^

Four wheels, five doors, sits higher than most cars.......?
Old 05-22-2007, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
That is a laughable post, sorry.
Reminder of what the GL looks like.

I do agree with you all though, the LX 570 exterior leaves a lot to be desired. RR anyone?
The highlander or 4runner look better than the new LX 570. But you still can't compare that with the GL. Don't you think the GL shows much better design apportionment and shows more muscle and toughness? Just like the iPod and other mp3 players.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:49 PM

2008 C350
1SICKLEX, so the GL looks like a Toyota? The LX570 has striking resemblence to the Saturn Outlook.
Saturn:
Lexus:
Saturn:
Lexus:

Any thoughts?
Old 06-01-2007, 12:12 AM

Lexus GS 450h
Originally Posted by cjh6793

Any thoughts?
Not much to me, but again, I am not a fan of the LX 570 in pics at all, I pray in looks better in person.

SUVs are pretty limited in what you can design, they all pretty much look similar except a couple.

The Lexus L-finesse design seems to work better on cars than SUVs thus far.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E220cdi Estate Avantgarde March 2008
The so called Lexus 570 is to sell in some countries, including here in the Uk as a Toyota. Here's the link: -
http://www.autospies.com/news/Lexus-...-Amazon-14298/

From what I have seen of it, and read about it so far, it seems to be a new Toyota -rather than a new Lexus. But being sold as Lexus in US ans can command a better price. I think that is a marketing error. Not quite up to Lexus image and it shows in the flesh and in your postings here.