GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Transmission Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission Problem

I have a GL450 for about month and half, just pass 2k. Yesterday when I got off fm work and just drove out the parking lot, the transmission just start to shift by it self, just like fm 4th gear to 2nd gear, and then jump to other gear, so the car is like stop and go. I managed drove the car to the dealer late last night. When the SA call me this afternoon, he tell me that they update the software and refresh the transmission fluid, they have to wait until the car is cool down and re-test the car again? because they have to test the car in certain temperture, and have to send the result to MBUSA to finanlize if the car is ok to release? so probelly I won't have a car until tomorrow morning or afternoon. Do anyone have this problem before? My build date was 2/23
Old 04-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Almost a Member!

00 BMW 528it, 03 Duramax, 07 GL320
Originally Posted by brabus164
I have a GL450 for about month and half, just pass 2k. Yesterday when I got off fm work and just drove out the parking lot, the transmission just start to shift by it self, just like fm 4th gear to 2nd gear, and then jump to other gear, so the car is like stop and go. I managed drove the car to the dealer late last night. When the SA call me this afternoon, he tell me that they update the software and refresh the transmission fluid, they have to wait until the car is cool down and re-test the car again? because they have to test the car in certain temperture, and have to send the result to MBUSA to finanlize if the car is ok to release? so probelly I won't have a car until tomorrow morning or afternoon. Do anyone have this problem before? My build date was 2/23
Check out my posts(click on Str8line above and to left). I've had trouble with my GL320 transmission also, although not the same as yours. Build date 2/21.

Last edited by str8line; 04-24-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:53 PM

Received the call from adviser yesterday said that the car was update wz the new software and waiting for the tech at mbusa to look at the report if ok to release the car or not. When they called me today, they told me that mbusa ask them to run a different test, and found out there is an error message on the transmission module, so the computer can't communicate wz the transmission module,and that cause the problem. So right now they are checking all the wiring make sure is ok, if there is no lose wire, mbusa wire send out the new transmission module to them, and I probelly won't have a car until tuesday. Will keep update once I have more info.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:03 PM

Just want to let all of you know that my gl450 is in the dealer for 10 days already, what they told me right now is that they ran at leat 7 tests for my car, and everything is running normal, but they still couldn't figure out why the computer is not communicate wz the transmission module. They have MBUSA tech came in yesterday and try to solve the problem, even they couldn't figure out why, and the tech almost disassemble my entire car, told me that this is the first case happen in the GL. I called the customer relation and told them i'm not very about it and demand the new car, they said will give me a call back tomorrow, will keep you update it.