GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

3-Zone automatic climate control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL 450
3-Zone automatic climate control

I am reading the factory manual regarding the 3-zone automatic climate control and it appears you can control the rear temperature from the front control unit but you cannot select the rear air distribution or control rear air volume from the front control. Is this true?

If you can control the rear distribution and rear air volume from the front control unit can some one please explain how.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends where I'm going.
Originally Posted by 293
I am reading the factory manual regarding the 3-zone automatic climate control and it appears you can control the rear temperature from the front control unit but you cannot select the rear air distribution or control rear air volume from the front control. Is this true?

If you can control the rear distribution and rear air volume from the front control unit can some one please explain how.

Thanks in advance.
You are correct. You can only change the temp for the rear zone and the system automatically determines fan speed and air distribution. It stinks but at least it works.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is a cheat: set temp and fan speed for the driver's side then press "Mono" to have passenger and back settings mimick the driver's.

I know, I know, that's probably not going to accomplish what you are wanting to do...but it is possible, in the theoretical sense, to adjust temp and fan speed from the front. (No distribution, though.)