GL450 Owner's Insight needed for lease/purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Question GL450 Owner's Insight needed for lease/purchase

I have a friend who's looking to lease a GL450 and am trying to help him get the best deal possible....he said he could wait til the end of the year but wanted to see what the market was like right now...

...I wanted to know how much of a discount off MSRP you guys got ?

Also for those who leased, if you dont mind mentioning the deals you guys got, discount off MSRP, down payment, term, monthly payment, money factor, residual etc.

and also where are you located

Appreciate all the help...TIA

Last edited by blazinginder; 07-23-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This (current) thread is full of info:

For those waiting to buy
Old 07-24-2007, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GL450 (Alabaster White/Black Interior)
Assuming you are getting the GL450, I would definitely get the car now. With the dealers trying to get rid of the 2007 model year cars and the $3,000 incentive available I don't see any reason to wait till the end of the year to get one. I would think that depending on your location you should be able to get pretty close to invoice and then take off the $3,000 incentive. Depending on the options and such that should be at least $5,000 to $6,000 off sticker and it if it is fully loaded even more. Regarding leasing the car, be very careful of the dealers. They will try to mark up everything. When I say everything I mean money factors, acquisition costs, etc., etc. There is information available on this site with the MB Finance Corp's residual values, money factors, terms, etc. Make sure to take it with you. I thought MB dealers would be different then the other car manufacturers and you should not have to ask for the real amounts but they are as bad or worse. I really thought I was going to lease mine but ending up paying cash for it on principal. I was really irked what they were trying to do and there was no way in h*ll I was going to let them make any more money then they were already making. Sorry for my rant.......
Old 07-25-2007, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL450 Owner's Insight needed for lease/purchase

If you are waiting for year-end then in the car-buying world year-end is now. Mercedes will start selling new models in August and now is the time to make a deal, specially on 2007 GL's. You can get anywhere from 10% to 15% off on MSRP.
I just bought 2007 GL450 over the weekend and was able to get 10% off MSRP. If you are open to any color or options then you can do better than 10%. Watch out for after markets options installed by dealers like my dealer was charging $8000.00 for momo wheels (I think they are just ugly). I made my dealer to take them off and got appearance package instead (about $1500).
Also make sure you are getting a good deal on financing or leasing too. Don’t let them give you a good deal on the price but screw you in financing. Following is a link to the residual value and money factor rate.
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ates+2007+july

You should not pay more than what is stated on this thread. As far as financing a vehicle someone got 6% on this forum. Since I am leasing I don’t know much about going rate for financing a vehicle. My information is based on dealers in California; I don’t know how the things are in your area. BTW one dealer in southern California quoted me $3000 off MSRP of 2008 GL450. And this was without any negotiation. Hope this info helps.