Tele Aid Navigation feature

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Tele Aid Navigation feature

A new feature of downloading navigation destinations from your PC to your car using Tele Aid will be possible starting September 5th. The problem is that it is only available on the S, CL and new C class cars. This is because these cars use a HD to support their navigation system.

Read about it here: http://www.searchandsend.com/SS_overview.html

Bummer for GL owners but will probably be available sometime in the future when the GL gets a HD storage medium for the NAV system.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500, ML350, 2 GL550's (on order)
That sounds nice. Too bad it won't work with the GL's. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to enter in our destinations manually in the car.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL500, GL550, Escalade, 66 Corvette
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
A new feature of downloading navigation destinations from your PC to your car using Tele Aid will be possible starting September 5th. The problem is that it is only available on the S, CL and new C class cars. This is because these cars use a HD to support their navigation system.

Bummer for GL owners but will probably be available sometime in the future when the GL gets a HD storage medium for the NAV system.
HD??? I guess I'll should finally upgrade my Edison cylindrical record player. I don't think they're coming back.

Last edited by WordSmith; 09-04-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
A new feature of downloading navigation destinations from your PC to your car using Tele Aid will be possible starting September 5th.
Tres Kewl, NJ. Thanks for posting and giving me something else to dream about.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL500, GL550, Escalade, 66 Corvette

Since MB seems to be in-tune with Apple, now offering iPod integration, the door may be open for an iNav. I certainly hope so. The seamless interface of the Mac brought to MB auto navigation would be great!