Obsidian Black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Obsidian Black

I had a '98 E wagon in Obsidian Black and it never really looked black/black to me. Always had that "dusty" brownish look which I know is normal for this color. However, they must have deepened the black content somewhere along the line. This GL has a metallic pattern up close and really shows black/black in the shade. In the sun there is some slight change in shade but it is still a very black truck.

Anyone else with OB have the same feeling?
Old 10-10-2007, 07:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
I had a '98 E wagon in Obsidian Black and it never really looked black/black to me. Always had that "dusty" brownish look which I know is normal for this color. However, they must have deepened the black content somewhere along the line. This GL has a metallic pattern up close and really shows black/black in the shade. In the sun there is some slight change in shade but it is still a very black truck.

Anyone else with OB have the same feeling?
I'm with you NJ. I still think in the sun, even when clean, it appears to be dusty, but that is none-the-less on a very black black. In the shade, the metallic doesn't show that much and it appears to be, from a distance, a dark, nonmetallic black.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 GL450 / 1999 ML320
I agree - it's a dark rich and deep black colour. I only notice the metallic glint when up quite close and in good light.