GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

SOS Drive to workshop!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOS Drive to workshop!!!

Good morning all! Would like to start out saying THANKS for this forum. Have gotten loads of info. Need your help now. Love my sales guy, hate the service department! I live in rural Idaho and the closest MB dealership is 2 hours away. They are pretty crummy! The next closest dealer is 6 hours away!!! Thus, I have to deal with the crummy service! Without going into past problems, I love my GL, it is the perfect kid-mobile! My current problem is driving me absolutely crazy! Periodically the error code "SOS, drive to workshop" displays. I happened to be near a Starbucks when this happened the first time. Weirdly enough, every time I drove through the Starbucks drive though it re-occurred. I took the GL to my crummy dealer and was smartly told to stay away from Starbucks!! Yes, they do have great humor huh? They erased the some 25 faults and sent me on my way. Now the fault code is displayed at least 30 times a day. (Not everyday but most.) FYI, I am nowhere near a Starbuck's or any other coffee house now when it happens. (Mostly on state route 95.) Anyway, my tele-aid is paid up and my service rep told me he would look into it and get back to me. This was 2 weeks ago and he is no longer returning my phone calls! Any insight other than "switch dealers" would be helpful! Happy driving! Deb