GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Huge difference in lighting for H7 headlights

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:09 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
Originally Posted by Kaumajet
If you ever find yourself near Ottawa, let me know. I'll feed you some fine food and drink, and show you what a 100-watt halogen bulb can do.

I know you all think I'm trying to stir the pot here, but that's not true. As I said, I used to be in the auxiliary lighting business, and have been through this time and again. My two largest dealers were Hella and PIAA distributors, so I had access to everything in their catalogue, and still have a pretty good collection of aftermarket bulbs and lighting in my shop. I have run the PIAA Platinum and XTreme White series bulbs side by side with 100-watt bulbs in identical lamps. Once you see the difference, there is no question; there is no substitute for power.

The PIAA Platinum bulbs - don't waste your money. Pure bling.

I'm going to step out of this discussion now, because I don't want to be a pain in the ***. I would, however, encourage you all to read Mr. Stern's article again carefully.

Cheers

Oh, and the invitation is open to everyone
Key Kaumajet - I wna to upgrade my halo H7 hi low and H11 fog bulbs - what would you recommend please?
Old 12-04-2009, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320 Pewter KG
How much should i sell my Halogen headlights for?