GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Check Engine Light On - Loose Gas Cap; First trip to dealer:Updated s/w & Other Stuff

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 02:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 GL 550
Check Engine Light On - Loose Gas Cap; First trip to dealer:Updated s/w & Other Stuff

The Check Engine light on came on today. I had just taken my 08 GL550 for the 1-2K check-up at the dealer a couple of days before, so was very upset. Long story short, it turns out that the light was activated because gas cap was loose (this used to happen with my ML and apparently is common in these higher tech fuel/emission systems). So while I am releaved, I am also wondering why the detail oriented Germans couldn't just have also included a "tighten gas cap" sensor/light :-)?

First Trip to Dealer:
Related - had one minor glitch with the ipod integration: ipod and head-end unit both froze up. Had to reset ipod and re-start car. Dealer could not duplicate and did not find anything wrong. Hasn't happened again. Anyone else experience this?

Passenger mirrror was getting stuck sometimes - dealer took care of it per bulletin (although one of the service reps claimed that the issue was resolved for the 2008 and he was suprised I had this problem). Other cause for this problem as described in invoice is "undervoltage" (low battery I guess) - they checked battery and I did not have undervoltage.

Finally - interesting note in invoice. I was told that the software was updated, but the note leaves my wondering (hint: check out version numbers). Has anyone else had their s/w updated? I need to call dealer and ask. Looks like they rolled back one piece and did not update the other two.... Not sure what to make of it.... I can't tell a noticeable difference though in operation. Only thing different is bluetooth integration with my AT&T Tilat (HTC Kaiser) pocket PC phone seems improved (the reception bars on the lower right of nav now work; and it seems to have transfered my entire contacts list to car).

"Updated software from version 1644420327, 1644470751, 1644470624 to
1644420027, 1644470751, 1644470624."