GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

iPod Integration - What Causes Bold Titles?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 GL63 & 2008 S550
iPod Integration - What Causes Bold Titles?

Being a Southern California driver, most of my driving experience exists on the freeways either crusing at 80MPH or rolling along at 5-15MPH in the famous traffic patterns.

It's because of the latter that I get the chance to get up close and personal with this iPod integration, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what causes certain artists and albums to appear as BOLD text on the MFD.

Does anyone know what triggers this behavior?

I have an old 3rd gen 60GB iPod that I have dedicated to my cars for years. I wiped it out and did some testing with various tracks, and it's completely at random from what I've been able to determine. The text as far as it's stored in the iPod and in iTunes does not define characteristics that determine the font for the song title, so the only conclusion I can draw is that it's got something to do with MB's interface.

Do you see Bold text on your MFD when browsing your iPod?
Old 12-24-2007, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 & GL450
Originally Posted by CommanderCody
Being a Southern California driver, most of my driving experience exists on the freeways either crusing at 80MPH or rolling along at 5-15MPH in the famous traffic patterns.

It's because of the latter that I get the chance to get up close and personal with this iPod integration, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what causes certain artists and albums to appear as BOLD text on the MFD.

Does anyone know what triggers this behavior?

I have an old 3rd gen 60GB iPod that I have dedicated to my cars for years. I wiped it out and did some testing with various tracks, and it's completely at random from what I've been able to determine. The text as far as it's stored in the iPod and in iTunes does not define characteristics that determine the font for the song title, so the only conclusion I can draw is that it's got something to do with MB's interface.

Do you see Bold text on your MFD when browsing your iPod?
Have you guys looked at the track info available and order of same on your computer. I do PC, not Mac, but there may be something to the organization of the song info on your Ipod when you MP it on your computer. Listening to Israel K singing "over the rainbow" as I type this in. Lots of info on that track!
Old 12-24-2007, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
I think MFD has to fill a certain amount of space with iPod info so if a track's name/artist is not long enough then MFD "bolds" it to fill the space. That's my theory and I could be wrong.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
Originally Posted by oknish
I think MFD has to fill a certain amount of space with iPod info so if a track's name/artist is not long enough then MFD "bolds" it to fill the space. That's my theory and I could be wrong.
No, no, no, no, no, Nish! It's "That's my story and I'm sticking to it!" You keep this up and people will start to think this is the friendliest user group in the world. Dang!

STP

PS Since I can almost do it 'round trip on one tank of fuel ... heh ... I might want to opt in on that SCal roundup!