GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

My 1st and 2nd problem, (already?!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL 450
My 1st and 2nd problem, (already?!)

1.well i just got my car about 2 weeks ago, it only have 400 miles ish on it BTW it's a 2009 GL 450. found out last sunday that the fuel gauge is not working, it's always on Empty and no warning light.

Solution: brought it back to the dealer and they said something about the software, updated it and work like a charm now.

now the the new problem, i found out that when they delivered my car at the dealership, the detailing department at Penske west covina put too much degreaser on the running board, i guess their objective was to clean it really good and ended up rubbing off the metal finish, now the running board looks like it's 20 years old...the service department refused to replace it because they said it's not warranty issue...i got mad, contacted my sales advisor and waited 2 hours the directors inspected the car, the service manager did too, and about 4 other people did...they said they were gonna give me some compensation money for it Quote "a couple hundred bucks" i said no way! its not about the money, it's about buying a new car with a running board that looked like it just came out of a trash can. so they gave up ordered another running board, and just waiting for a replacement.

sorry about the long story, my point is just make sure that everybody get the best for what they paid for, after all it's not a Kia it's a mercedes benz
Old 11-12-2008, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Originally Posted by Dregl450
1.well i just got my car about 2 weeks ago, it only have 400 miles ish on it BTW it's a 2009 GL 450. found out last sunday that the fuel gauge is not working, it's always on Empty and no warning light.

Solution: brought it back to the dealer and they said something about the software, updated it and work like a charm now.

now the the new problem, i found out that when they delivered my car at the dealership, the detailing department at Penske west covina put too much degreaser on the running board, i guess their objective was to clean it really good and ended up rubbing off the metal finish, now the running board looks like it's 20 years old...the service department refused to replace it because they said it's not warranty issue...i got mad, contacted my sales advisor and waited 2 hours the directors inspected the car, the service manager did too, and about 4 other people did...they said they were gonna give me some compensation money for it Quote "a couple hundred bucks" i said no way! its not about the money, it's about buying a new car with a running board that looked like it just came out of a trash can. so they gave up ordered another running board, and just waiting for a replacement.

sorry about the long story, my point is just make sure that everybody get the best for what they paid for, after all it's not a Kia it's a mercedes benz
Glad to see they are replacing the running board, but I have not heard great things of Penske. Is there a particular reason you chose Penske over other dealers?
Old 11-12-2008, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL 450
honestly, it's the closest dealer to my house so yeah...no other reason i suppose
Old 11-12-2008, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Penske sales has been good to me but service would get a B in my book.

Glad that they are giving you new boards, Dre. You do have to stand your ground firmly and politely to get what you deserve at MB dealers these days. Hopefully, this will be the last of your problems.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 GL450
Originally Posted by Dregl450
honestly, it's the closest dealer to my house so yeah...no other reason i suppose
Sorry to hear you are having such issues already. I bought at Caliber Motors in Anaheim and they lost the keys to my cross bars (they weren't in the car when I bought it) and it was like pulling teeth trying to get them to either re-key them or replace the cross bars entirely. After several months I got them to replace the bars with new ones and 3 keys Stay firm. No reason to live with ugly running boards when it wasn't your fault. I pray this is the end of your problems and now you can enjoy your GL. I am hoping to get my 09 in the next two weeks and can't wait. I hear there is a big difference between the 08 and 09