Cornering lights and other electrical gremlins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:51 AM

Received 30 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Rolls Royce Wraith, 1999 CLK Cabriolet, 2023 Genesis G90
Cornering lights and other electrical gremlins

Hello, everyone:

The other night my parents were following me home and I noticed the cornering lights had stopped working on the GL. Normally, at slow speeds, one fog light will turn on when the steering wheel is turned in either direction. Since the truck's brain was changed recently, I'm thinking they forgot to activate that feature, or worse, they put in the wrong brain . When the vehicle is shut off, however, both fog lights turn on for a few seconds as before. Anybody know if this is fixable by flashing the computer? Oh how I HATE going to the dealer!

Then last night, I was driving the truck and tried to use the cruise control. When I set it, the message came up "Speedtronik not functioning." After a restart in a parking lot, the cruise control decided to work again. I think I'm at the point where I'm counting the months until the lease is up.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 Ram 2500, former 2013 GL350, 2007 GL450
I had the speedtronic issue before. I was told that if you vehicle has engaged ESP because of slippery conditions it will disable the speed control until restart.

So it's a feachur.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 GL 320 CDI
Originally Posted by JimBarnhart
I had the speedtronic issue before. I was told that if you vehicle has engaged ESP because of slippery conditions it will disable the speed control until restart.

So it's a feachur.
MB ought to consult a native English speaker for these things. "Speedtronic Temporarily Deactivated" would be a much clearer message to display than "Speedtronic not functioning".