RSE dead

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 GL 450 Black/Black
RSE dead

08 GL 450 RSE does not turn on. I suspect it's due to low battery charge (after having had two jumpstarts in the first 300 miles of this truck's life). Was wondering if anyone has had this issue and how it was resolved. I'm scheduled to service this as well as get the liftgate fix next week, but was wondering if there is some reset in the interim. I can't get it to respond to the on/off switch nor the remote. I'm going to see if getting the battery strength back up helps in the meanwhile.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
I have had this after a service. Took it back to the dealer and they reset a fuse. That was all for mine and hope it's the same for you.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Almost a Member!

08 GL 450 Black/Black
Originally Posted by oknish
I have had this after a service. Took it back to the dealer and they reset a fuse. That was all for mine and hope it's the same for you.
I was thinking of that on the way back home. Perhaps the amps from the prior charge just caused it to blow. Thanks! Now to figure out where to look for this fuse...
Old 01-09-2009, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Originally Posted by dskmd
I was thinking of that on the way back home. Perhaps the amps from the prior charge just caused it to blow. Thanks! Now to figure out where to look for this fuse...
In the rear interior wall on the right hand side right behind the 3rd row seat on the passenger side. I think.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Almost a Member!

08 GL 450 Black/Black
Originally Posted by oknish
In the rear interior wall on the right hand side right behind the 3rd row seat on the passenger side. I think.
Yes, the 10Amp fuse (#23 position for an 08 GL450) was in the back storage cluster of fuses. These fuses are so tightly packed that I couldn't even use a fuse puller and had to resort to wiggling it out with a thin screwdriver blade. The weird thing was, the fuse was intact so I pushed it back in and the started the engine up again and the RSE was back on. I have no idea still if it is a battery strength issue since I made it a point of driving the vehicle around a lot the past few days or an electrical contact issue. At least it wasn't the fuse.

I'd recommend that people pull their fuse chart out of the spare tire well and keep it with their other paper work. Any unsuspecting mechanic or tire shop could easily throw this valuable piece of info away mistakenly the way it just sits folded on top of the spare.