GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Radio Volume

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 GL450
Radio Volume

I have an 08 GL450, every time we turn on the radio, the volume comes out quite loud. We always need to immediately turn down the volume. Once we get to our destination, we turn off the radio and shut off the vehicle. Once we get back in the car and turn on the radio, the volume is at that loud level again. Isn't it supposed to "remember" the last volume setting you set it at when you turn off the radio/shut off the vehicle? Unless I'm totally missing it, I've gone through the owner's manual several times and still couldn't figure this out.

Same thing goes with the rear A/C. I have the 3-zone climate control, so I control the rear A/C from the front (since I have 2 small kids sitting at the back). Every time we start the vehicle and turn on the A/C for the rear, the knob is at 72. So I turn the knob to the left and set it at 64. We get to our destination, I shut off the A/C and the vehicle. When we get back in and turn on the A/C again, the rear is at 72 again. No problems with the front 2 zones, it remembers the last setting.